Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

TRAIL SNACKS, ENERGY BARS -- THE GOOD GUYS

HERE IS HOW THE SNACKS STACK UP -- PHASE I RESEARCH DONE!
Del Albright Blog, 11/26/13

Phase I of my online and family taste testing is done when it comes to off-road/backcountry snacks from companies that are on our team, or at least not lobbying against us and our access to public lands and waterways.

 Phase II is you reporting back on what you think of the flavors, options, and results.

I did NOT do energy drinks.  Just bars and jerky.  Here is my report on those companies that I will buy from, and suggest you buy from as well.  BIG TIP: if you find a good snack elsewhere, PLEASE ask the company position before you buy. Then let us know.

NOTE: my purpose here is not to go into all the flavors and act like some sort of food critic;  I'm just telling you   I researched these companies and tasted their treats -- they all came out with FLYING colors.  The ones I felt did not add up to our off-road world criteria, I did not report on.  They bombed.  You can buy from the folks below and be assured you are not jeopardizing our backcountry sports with your purchase.

JERKY:



 The Wicked Good Snacks folks are all fully supportive of our off-road sports, and in fact show up at events often, doing the activity themselves!  BIG thumbs up. Great flavors and selection.

Off Road Jerky is owned by two famous off-roaders Shaun ‘Surveyboy’ Bootsma and Deanne ‘Crash’ Angeloni-Bootsma.  They wheel; they do it; and they have an awesome line up of jerky.

Link to Wicked Good Snacks: 
http://thewickedgoodsnacks.com/

Link to Off Road Jerky:
http://www.offroadjerky.com/index.html

ENERGY and PROTEIN BARS

Honey Stinger products are amazing...and quite a large selection of goodies, from waffles, to organic honey, to bars of energy and protein, to organic energy gels.  I've not found any of their goodies I don't like!





The Dark Chocolate Mocha Cherry protein bar is a household favorite of ours.  Awesome!  And this company supports our backcountry lifestyle as well.  Company executives personally answered my emails and told me how they also sponsored dirt bike racers!
The Fig Bars from Nature's Bakery get BIG thumbs up as well.  Great company from Reno, NV, with "Made in America" all over them.  Delicious flavors and they have staff that gets dirty now and then (not in the shop, but on the trails).  Big thumbs up.

Link to Honey Stinger: http://www.honeystinger.com.

Link to Nature's Bakery Fig Bars: http://naturesbakery.com/

There you have it...off road snacks that are good for the tummy and good for our trails.
Del





No comments:

Post a Comment