Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

REMEMBERING AND TREASURING OUR PAST

STORIES FROM GRANDPA


By Del Albright

Now that I am well into being a grandpa, I can attest to the fact that I'm glad I listened to my elder family members when I was younger.  I learned so much.

Now that is not to say it was all right, or good, or the solution for me.  But listening to "grandpa" gave me a perspective in life that at the same time gave me a head start.

The family moments of listening to elders tell stories or offer life lessons are precious.  Now I take pride in remembering and telling stories my grandfather really did tell me. Life is about passing along what you know and what you've learned.

Remember and treasure your past -- even if it all was not great, you still learned from it.  It helped make you who you are.

##
Del

No comments:

Post a Comment